Tuesday, July 23
Posted by Sarah Beth at 7/23/2013
Friday, June 22
It has been a while since I have posted but I wanted to do a few posts on what is going on in our life right now which is ADOPTION!! My husband and I are in the process of adopting a child from Ethiopia, learn more about that here http://eadyadoption.org/. We have an auction to raise money for the adoption starting THIS Sunday the 24th at 12:00pm and it will run through Monday July 2 at 8:00pm. I am going to try to highlight some different categories so you can skim through and see what we have. First category is Children's Stuff!!! There are some AMAZING and PERFECT baby or children's gifts up for bid. Check out our auction to bid on this stuff SUNDAY: http://eadyadoption.org/online-auction/
Clothes (a couple items won't download correctly so this is just some of what we have):
Other (a couple items won't download correctly so this is just some of what we have):
Posted by Sarah Beth at 6/22/2012
Friday, May 18
I really really disliked the Grey’s finale and not JUST because we lost a beloved character. Point in case: One of my favorite finales of Grey’s is the one where George dies. Don’t get me wrong I LOVED George and did not want him to die. However the episode was GREAT! We ALL knew that TR Knight was leaving the show so they had to get creative to throw us off and they did just that. The whole episode was emotional and EVERY character was involved in either the Izzie or George story lines. It was perfect. Not to mention George didn’t leave any love interests or triangles behind. I literally was applauding Shonda at how well it was done. Now let’s talk about “The Flight” and what went wrong:
1. They Killed Lexie – Of course this was my number one problem given that Mark and Lexie were my favorite couple and honestly the only couple I really cared about anymore. From the beginning I have gotten too attached to all the wrong couples first I LOVED Cristina and Burke, then I ADORED Alex and Izzie and we all know what happened in both those cases. However I still have hope for both of those couples in my mind because none of them are DEAD! Don’t get me wrong I liked MerDer in the beginning and really routed for them but something happen I think right after Addison left and I just stopped caring. Great they are together, I am ready to move on. I would have MUCH rather Meredith been the one to say Goodbye last night or GASP even Derek. I don’t care about their story lines anymore!
2. They Killed Lexie off WAY to early in the episode- Maybe Shonda wanted to get it out of the way or thought it would be more shocking to take Lexie out in the first 15 mins of the episode but I disagree STRONGLY!!! After Lexie died I literally left the episode. I DID NOT care to watch Meredith find Derek, fix his arm, didn’t care about Arizona and the pilot, and ALMOST didn’t care about Mark but part of me wrestled with maybe I want him to die too because I know I don’t want to route for him to be with someone else.
3. TOO Many Stories- There was way too much going on in this episode. When there is something as HUGE and tragic as a plane crash I really want to spend the majority of time if not the entire time on that story arch. I wanted to see the people at Seattle worried about their friends, trying to find them, etc. I definitely didn’t care to watch all these story lines I don’t care about ESPECIALLY after knowing Lexie just died:
• Bailey and what’s his face getting engaged or whatever (see it is of such little importance to me that I don’t even remember his name)
• Altman leaving – just don’t really care
• The residents leaving/dinner- I care a little about what happens to the residents (really only Alex which we all know is staying he just signed a 2 year contract) but please don’t make me suffer through or expect me to care about these story lines as I sit thinking about Lexie lying dead with Mark tightly gripping her hand.
4. Seattle Grace is Clueless – I briefly mentioned it above but I hate how no one at the hospital ever found out! Every time they showed people at the hospital I was just yelling “SERIOUSLY they aren’t going to find out” and stopped listening or caring about anything they were saying.
Ultimately I left the episode ANGRY, ANNOYED and honestly not wanting to watch the show anymore. Anyone who knows me knows that is a big deal. I do not give up on shows that I have been watching for a significant amount of time. I watched/will watch all the following to the very end even though they had some rough times: One Tree Hill, Desperate Housewives, Prison Break, BH 90210, Gossip Girl, Brothers & Sisters , I could go on and on…. I don’t want to stop watching it but I am just very frustrated. At this point the only thing that would really make me a little satisfied would be if Burke or Izzie came back, that is just wishful thinking on my part. Shonda I know you have a lot of shows your juggling now (I LOVE SCANDAL) but please don’t make the show that gave you your big break suffer.
What did you think of the finale? Were you as disappointed as I was?
Posted by Sarah Beth at 5/18/2012
Friday, April 27
Posted by Sarah Beth at 4/27/2012
Friday, February 24
Ok so here is my first post in a long time and it is about American Idol go figure:
I haven’t been as addicted to watching every second of the show this season but I have watched ENOUGH to have favorites. Now that the top 24 have been announced of course I have an opinion. I have some people that I feel MUST make the top 24 to enjoy it. Here is who I want in the 12, they are in order of importance to me if they make it! My top 4 NEED to be there!
1. Phil Phillips
2. Heejun Han
3. Colton Dixon
4. Hollie Cavanaugh
5. Jen Hirsh
6. Elise Testone
7. Shannon Magrane
8. Chelsea Sorrell
9. Adam Brock
10. Hallie Day
11. Skylar Lane
12. Creighton Fraker
My pick for the wild card boy is Jermaine Jones out of those four just because he seems so nice, but I don't expect him to make it very far : )
Also some random thoughts on Idol vs. The Voice: I have been watching the voice and I have come to this conclusion…. With Idol I get annoyed with the auditions and am always ready for them to end to start the “real” show. The Voice is the exact opposite. I really like the audition rounds but feel it goes downhill when the blind auditions are over.
Thursday, September 15
No idea what made me think to write this post but I would love to find at list out there like this since Michael and I are always looking for a new show to watch. I have loved A LOT of shows over the years and this is NOT a list of my favorite shows. This list is a group of shows that I would encourage anyone to watch. Do you see the difference there? If this was a list of my favorite shows then Dawson’s Creek would be on there and I am not naive enough to think that everyone would like that show. These shows are shows that have not only touched me or made me laugh but are shows that I think any adult will enjoy. That being said you may not enjoy it as much as I do or did but you surely will walk away with something from the show. So here is my list of shows that I would encourage EVERYONE/ANYONE to watch: (In no particular order)
LOST – I don’t know what to say about this show except you will love it. It is a tough road ahead when you watch it and there might even be times where you want to walk away but I think overall it is a satisfying show that will leave you wanting more.
Friday Night Lights – For a long time I thought this show was a little over rated and while I don’t think it is the BEST show ever I do honestly think MOST people would enjoy this show. There is a little something for everyone.
Modern Family – Who is not watching this show? It is so funny…Enough said!
Parenthood – This is by FAR my favorite show on TV right now. For more of my thoughts on this show just check out my previous post: http://happywatching.blogspot.com/search/label/Parenthood
Friends - I will never understand when I quote from Friends and people don’t know what it is from…that is just plain sad.
The Office – This show in its prime would rival some of the best comedies of all time. The cast just feeds off each other so well. It is a little over played now and the dry humor and stereotypes don’t surprise us anymore but man it was good.
24 – I went back and forth with this one but once again in its prime this show was on point. The entire concept of this show was amazing. I loved that we only see one full day. It would be hard to start seasons 1-3 and not be sitting on the edge of your chair each week waiting for the next hour.
Ok I am out, any you want to add?
Posted by Sarah Beth at 9/15/2011
Thursday, September 8
I had a friend emailed me yesterday and asked me how I keep up with all my shows, because she wasn’t sure she was going to be able to record all the shows she wanted to watch this fall. Here are some key things that I have found that help me to juggle all my shows.
First I have a DVR that records two shows at once. So that is a start for sure. The other things to know are where you can watch shows online and how quickly the sites update their episodes.
ABC: THEY ARE THE BEST!!! They put shows up quickly. So if you like The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, Desperate Housewives, Private Practice, Grey’s Anatomy, etc. but don’t want it eating up space on your DVR, ABC is the absolute best about good picture quality and having the shows up by the following day as they are aired. They also give previews and sneak peeks to the next week’s episodes!
Other networks Some that are fairly good about updating their sites quickly are: MTV, NBC, and Fox. However none of them are as good as ABC, just trust me. However MTV does lots of fun extra footage for entertainment. CW is awful about updating their site; it takes weeks for them to upload the latest episode of a show. So even though most of the shows I watch on The CW are my least favorite shows I watch they usually end up being recorded because I have to wait weeks to watch them online.
Hulu – I have found that Hulu is GREAT for watching past season’s of shows or shows that are off the air but they don’t usually get shows more quickly than the network sites. Remember they still have ot get permission to publish the shows and if the networks don't have them up yet they won't give permission for Hulu to put them up. However I have heard that "New Girl" episode 1 is being posted to Hulu Tuesday Sept 13, one week before it airs. I will definitely be checking this one at early with all the buzz it has been getting.
As far as shows like American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance they don’t EVER release their shows to the Internet so if you miss them well you will have to try to find the performances on YouTube before the network snatches them down. Moral of the story- put them on your DVR!
I hope this is helpful when you are trying to decide what is a MUST DVR and what you can catch online.
Here is my fall schedule:
Sunday: Desperate Housewives: 8:00pm
Monday: Gossip Girl 7:00 pm; Hart of Dixie 8:00 pm
Tuesday: 90210 7:00pm; Glee 7:00pm; New Girl 8:00pm; Parenthood 9:00pm
Wednesday: Modern Family 8:00pm; Up All Night 9:00pm
Thursday: Grey's Anatomy 8:00pm; The Office 8:00pm; Private Practice 9:00pm
As you can see I really don't have any problems right now with my shows however when you add in: American Idol, The Bachelor, One Tree Hill, and Mad Men things may be different.
Happy Fall Watching!!!
Posted by Sarah Beth at 9/08/2011