CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Quote of the Week

"Our daugher sucks at driving, thats the problem so butt out."
-Christina, Parenthood

Thursday, June 11

SYTYCD Top 20:

After last night’s episode I was disappointed and now watching all the dances back I don’t think it was the talent or performances that disappointed me as much as just not feeling connected with many of the dancers (obviously because all the ones we got to know got CUT). It will come!

1. Phillip and Jeanine – Hip hop



I will admit the first time I watched this I didn’t like it as much as I do now. I thought the couple lacked chemistry but once I went back and watched it again I liked it and by the 4th or 5th time I LOVE D it. This was a lucky draw by Phillip but I am sure glad he started off with hip hop!



2. Melissa and Ade – Contemporary

I really liked this dance and thought the lifts throughout the dance were amazing. I also felt a real connection between the two.




3. Ashley and Kupono – Jazz


This was another routine that I had to watch back a couple times. The first time I watched it I missed the intro with the story line. The next time I watched it I understood what the story was about and I felt it more. This was not one of my favorites by Wade Robson and was a little disappointed with this routine. However I think the dancers sold what they were given and danced it well.




4. Randi and Evan – Jazz


I really like both of them and think they will do well in the competition. I thought this dance was great however I thought this dance looked more contemporary than Jazz, except for the Jazz hands here and there but overall I liked it!




5. Kayla and Max- Samba


I thought this dance was good and they hit everything well. I thought Max looked somewhat uninterested and almost like he was a teacher dancing with a student. I thought she did very well but still it wasn’t the best of the night. I thought they got a little “over-praised” after the routine.





6. Caitlin and Jason – Bollywood


On pure entertainment they probably ranked number one, the group I was with played this routine back several times to just be “entertained”. They didn’t seem together for the majority of the routine. Caitlin looked very out of her element and didn’t sell the style well. I thought Jason did a little better but still it wasn’t nearly what we saw last season.


The thing with Bollywood is that some of the moves can look kind of silly if you don’t hit it just right and hit it hard. When Caitlin and Jason did Bollywood last night there were parts that were really good but overall it came off looking silly. I realize this style is probably much harder and takes incredible strength but we were spoiled last season with Joshua and Katee performing this style, take a look at the video below and see how strong they were and how TOGETHER everything looks. Now go back and watch Caitlin and Jason and I am pretty sure you will be able to see why I was disappointed.


Katee and Joshua:


Caitlin and Jason:
(Please watch at 3.27 over and over again and ENJOY)



7. Karla and Jonathan – Cha Cha




8. Janette and Brandon – Foxtrot

They did a good job with the moves I guess but it was boring! It could be that this early in the season it is hard to sell a dance like this because we aren’t really “routing” for them yet. Once we fall in love with performers we probably love the dances like the foxtrot and waltz more (does that make sense).



9. Parris and Tony – Hip Hop


Every time Tabitha and Napoleon do two dances on one night one is more emotional and the other just a dance. I never have liked one of theirs that isn’t emotional. Parris surprisingly really out shined Tony throughout this dance and that is not a good sign for Tony. This is supposed to be Tony’s strong suit and he did not do very good. I was disappointed that he made it through over other probably much more talented “hip hoppers” and last night didn’t change my mind.





10. Asuka and Vitolio – Broadway


I am not going to lie I was really bored during this routine it was a combination of the music, the dance and the performance. It was not good but I think that these are two of the strongest dancers in the competition so even if they are in the bottom three I think they will “dance for their life” and be SAFE.






What did you think of last night's performances?

0 comments: